Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Installation Art in the New Millennium

Installation Art in the New Millennium Nicolas De Oliveira, Nicola Oxley, and Michael Petry
2004
Weight: 2 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating


The first time I witnessed installation art was in college, and I was completely taken by it.  There was a woman named Jennifer Young at my school, and I once crawled into an installation piece of hers and my love of that form of art was sealed forever.  I wish that I was in the position to see more and enjoy more.  As it is, it is a very rare treat indeed. 

I was excited when I was first moving into this house and the person moving out left this book for me.  Now, I am moving out and trying desperately to get rid of so many of my own things and decrease the amount that I have to carry and be responsible for.  So, this book is on its way to its next owner.  Maybe they will cherish it or try to sell it on Amazon for $788 like the jerks on there right now (you can get it on Ebay for $8).  It is a cool book, and it is worth a look, but it is impossible to make a book of installation art really.  The experience of being in an art piece, actively being a part of someone's art is precious and unique.  It does not translate to paper well, but it is always worth a shot and better than nothing for people like me who are not in the art scene at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment