Monday, December 18, 2017

Penguins

Penguin by Fran Lanting 2000
100 Things You Should Know About Penguins by Barbara Park and Denise Brunkus 2008
Three Cheers for Tacky by Helen Lester and Illustrated by Lynn Munsinger
Weight: 4.4 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating


















I love penguins best of all, and I frequently am gifted everything penguin.  This includes a lot of really cool books like these two that I hate to see go, but that I know I do not need anymore.  I also know that if I give them up that is 4.2 lbs I do not need to move to another house come February and, hopefully, some other penguin-loving child will get them.

Our landlord has moved the date to sell this house forward and now we are desperately looking for a new rental that allows pit bulls during the holidays.  It has not been fun.  I do not think many people are looking to rent out their houses around Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and the New Year.  The closer and closer we get to January the more sick to my stomach I become.  I am not sure that we will get everything ready to go and find a place in time and yet we have to.  Meanwhile, I am afraid that I will not be able to stay at my job of ten years much longer and am also panicked about that.  It makes me wish I was a kid immersed in penguin books, drawing all the different types in my sketch book.  Those days are long gone, as are they days where I have time to read and/or draw.


No comments:

Post a Comment