Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lasher

Lasher  by Anne Rice
1995
Weight: 8 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating

(picture taken by Heather Hartman)

I will never forget staying up all night reading The Witching Hour and Lasher.  I mean, really, all night.  I did not even sleep for 30 minutes.  I was a teenager, and I was hooked by the intensity, the sexuality, and the alternate reality of the books.  I never read Rice now but, when I started getting into her was when I started loving reading.  It was like taking Christopher Pike to the next level.

2 comments:

  1. I stayed up all night reading Lasher, too! It was the beginning of my love affair with Anne Rice... before she started writing weird Christian books, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not certain if I was aware that she wrote (writes?) weird Christian books?

    ReplyDelete