Monday, February 25, 2013

The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby  by F. Scott Fitzgerald
1995
Weight: 8 oz
Method of Disposal: Leaving in Joe's Coffee Shop in EAV


This is the copy I bought and read in high school, and I really enjoyed it at the time, as I did most of my required reading.  We learned a lot about F. Scott Fitzgerald's life in class, though not much about Zelda, who really intrigued me.  We were caught up in the theme of the Roaring 20's, and I even wore a flapper dress to school at some point.   That will NEVER happen again.  You can hardly get me in a dress at this point, except for a funeral.

It has been some time since I read the "Great American Novel," but I do not believe I will be re-reading it soon and, as my dear friend Tracy always reminds me, it will be easy to find in a library.  So, here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment