Sunday, April 21, 2013

Bunnicula Strikes Again

Bunnicula Strikes Again  by James Howe
2001
Weight: 2 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating to AKF


Papi died today, almost two weeks from the day her sister, Prim, died.  It appeared to be quite suddenly.  Rodents have short lifespans, but they really are amazing creatures.  I love watching the mom and daughter (Emily and Wonder) I adopted recently.  They seem to seek each other out for comfort, and I love watching them burrow down beneath their fluff. 

As a child, I loved Bunnicula.  I believe I first purchased Bunnicula from a Scholastic Book Fair--something else that really excited me as a child.  I remember pouring over the catalogues of books and choosing all of the ones I really wanted, showing it to my parents, and them telling me there was no way.  I would need to narrow it down.  Way down.  I remember reading Bunnicula and other chapter books written from the point of view of the animals, and I was in awe.  I loved them and wanted to be surrounded by animals, small and large. 

Now, I am. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment