Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Making Memory Books and Journals by Hand

Making Memory Books and Journals By Hand 
Kristina Feliciano , Kevin Thomas , Jo Lethaby , Jason Thompson
2001
Weight: 2.7 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating to AKF

This picture does not appear to fit this blog entry, BUT I assure you it does.  These race pictures are way overpriced, and this picture probably deserves to be in a memory book for its price even more than for  the moment it captures, but it never will be due to my inadequacies, haha.  It also may mean that I would rather leap over fire than sit down and craft.

I am not a crafter.  I have grown to really admire people who are, but I cannot even dress myself, much less figure out how (a)symmetry works on a page.  I learned this from forced group projects in school, watching my friends (artists and/or crafters) create beautiful gifts or masterpieces, and from struggling to make my own little scrapbooks/gifts/artwork.  I particularly love the idea of making beautiful and unique books.  Big surprise, huh?  This book has a lot of really great ideas and beautiful projects.  I bought it when I was in college and dating a crafter.  She was more into beads than anything, but she did some sewing and scrapbooking.  It frequently bored the hell out of me.  So, that's it then.  Not only do I have no sense of style, but I am also impatient, easily distracted, and more interested in collecting books than making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment