Friday, April 19, 2013

Woman's World

Woman's World by Graham Rawle
2008
Weight: 1.8 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating to AKF



I bought this book the second I found it online.  I am always intrigued with stories written/told in new and unique ways.  The only problem with this is that you end up reading a lot of crap that is only aesthetically pleasing.  This book was not terrible, but it was not amazing either, and it was WAY too long.

I am impressed that the whole book is made up of actually trimmings from a British women's magazine.  I cannot imagine how long it took the author to create it, but the story itself is lackluster and I do not care for the narrator at all.  I understand why she was used and how she fits in with the snippets.  That the character and the magazine are perfectly representational of each other, but it does not make it an enjoyable read.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment