Thursday, April 11, 2013

Going Down

Going Down  by Jennifer Belle
1996
Weight: 9 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating

Conversation between my friend and God

I guess my main problem with this book is that I could not hear the dialogue.  I just could not imagine people talking to each other the way it was written.  It was also difficult to believe in the main character.  A young woman with money who befriends and slums it with the homeless from time to time, giving them money and condoms.  The whole time I was reading it I was trying to decide if I should just put it down and move on.  I was have that old debate in my head.  Other people always say not to waste your life reading a bad book--there are so many good ones out there--but I always want to finish and sometimes I am shocked by how my feelings change at the end of a book or three days later.  In this case, I kinda just wish I had put it down.  Just not my thing, I guess.  Plenty of other people liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment