Monday, May 7, 2012

The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter


The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter: The Original and Authorized Edition
1989
Weight: 2.4 lbs
Method of Disposal: Leaving somewhere or giving away if you would like a copy



This is a great book, and I feel honored to have spent so much time with it.  I still feel the residual magic of reading it as a child as I write this.  I loved the pictures and the stories.  I have a permanent imprint of Peter Rabbit stuck in Mr. McGregor’s gooseberry net and the mother rabbit taking care of Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail in her den.  How could you forget a name like Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle?  Little Mrs. Tittlemouse and her tidy house?  For a child that loved animals, Beatrix Potter was where it was at.  The smallest animals had the most elaborate lives and endearing personalities.  It is no wonder that I still love hamsters, gerbils, and rodents as an adult.

I was also lucky that when I was a child I lived across the way from a woman who wrote plays and brought Potter to the theater.  I was best friends with her daughter and so had the pleasure to revel in the classic animal tales in an all new way.  

I am really having a hard time parting with this one.  It must go soon lest I change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment