Monday, May 21, 2012

Webster's Dictionary


Webster’s New Universal Unabridged Dictionary
1996
Weight: 8.6 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating



Not that long ago I was trying to write a blog post from T’s house and debating which book to get rid of when I got home.  I found that it was difficult to decide when they were not all in front of me.  I had trouble remembering which ones I had already rid myself of, which ones had gone missing, which ones I had read.  I wanted to get rid of a bundle if possible but would settle for one book.  She told me I should get rid of my reference books because there was really no need for anyone to have a bunch of those around anymore.  She politely told me to keep my OED and my visual dictionary I love so much and just get rid of the less spectacular ones that I never used.  The ones that contained information that was easily found elsewhere.

I am not doing that, exactly, in this post.  I am unable to locate my OED so I am keeping my other large dictionary until I can find it.  I am not getting rid of Our Bodies, Ourselves yet.  It came up.  I am just getting rid of this one massive dictionary I never use right now.  In all fairness, it was holding up a bookshelf for the last year and a half, but that all finally came crashing down a few days ago.  It was useful for that brief time, but it is not any longer and so it is going out in the world to find a new owner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment