Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wildlife


Wildlife by Richard Ford
1996
Weight: 5 oz
Method of Disposal: Leaving in a public place



I was into this story, but I never believed a minute of it.  The dialogue and actions of the characters seemed inconceivable.  Marriages break up and children are put in awkward positions.  People reconnect, disconnect, and connect briefly all the time.  It is not an unusual story.  It was just the way it was told.  There was something appealing about the conversations the characters had.  The reader could glean a lot about the characters and their emotions.  They showed things about human nature that hit home, but if you are into reading conversations that would happen in the real world this is probably not the book for you.  They are contrived and full of meaning.

I bought this book for $2 at an end of the year sale at Barnes and Noble.  I have finally read it, and I am passing it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment