Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Plays and Monologues


99 Film Scenes for Actors  Angela Nicholas 1999
100 Monologues  Laura Harrington 1989
Modern American Scenes for Student Actors   Wynn Handman 1978
Weight: 1.5 lbs
Method of Disposal: Left in various locations throughout Duluth, GA



I briefly, when I was much younger, dabbled with the idea of acting.  I really enjoyed it and thought I would be good at it, that it would give me a way to express myself.  I took some classes and read screenplays in between all the other things I was reading.  I remember I had a wonderful friend named Kristal who used to love reading plays out loud together.  It was so much fun, and I still miss it.  Every time I read a play I think about her and I miss that opportunity.  It is just not the same inside your own head.  It can still be great, but it is much less fantastic.  I know these books are pretty old for mass market paperbacks, but I hope they find someone who will read them aloud, even if it is just in the privacy of their own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment