Monday, May 14, 2012

The Great American Pin Up


The Great American Pin-Up  Charles Martignette/ Louis K. Meisel
2002
Weight: 3.5 lbs
Method of Disposal: Leaving somewhere



This is not the first pin-up girl book to go, and it will not be the last.  I, like many many people before me, found something about pin-ups interesting and irresistible.  I loved to see the different props, uniforms, costumes, and political commentary that is enmeshed in the images.  The women’s facial expressions are great.  Shock, sheer joy, seduction, winking, sex, scandal.

This book features a large number of artists and lays their images out in a way that it is easy to recognize their individuality.  The pin ups were similar, but they had their own touches.  There are some really suggestive and hilarious ones.  There are some you have seen before.  It is a good collection.  

I am not, however, so invested that I mind letting this book go.  I probably won’t remember it once it is gone.  This is not a commentary on its quality but on how I feel about pin-ups now.  I can really give or take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment