Saturday, May 19, 2012

Man in the High Castle


The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
1992
Weight: 8.8 oz
Method of Disposal: Sold



I donated this book and never wrote about it until now.  I wish I still had it in front of me so I could touch it, smell it, and decide what I want to write about it.  The memories that come to me now are not of the book but of the postmodern fiction class I took my senior year of college and the notes that Liz O. and I passed back in forth.  I also think of the pictures I would draw the professor of each book we read.  Catch 22, Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit, Pale Horse, Crying of Lot 49, and others.  So many great novels and such a brilliant woman leading the class.  If I could get this book back, I would read it again before passing it on.  I suppose I will track it down at the local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment