Sunday, November 18, 2012

All My Life For Sale

All My Life For Sale  John D. Freyer
2002
Weight: 1.7 lbs
Method of Disposal: Leaving in a Decatur Box


Yes, I am aware of the similarities in our projects.  Despite that, I was not not impressed.  I am not sure what rubbed me the wrong way.  There was a certain level of "Look how strange I am with all my random stuff" and a certain level of "I needed to think of some idea to jump on the EBAY/Huge Life Changes in the form of a book bandwagon.  That EBAY phenomena.  It was really big when Ebay was first kicking off.  Remember all the news stories?  You still see them from time to time--a college girl sells her old sneakers to help pay off loans.  A man sells a used t-shirt to, I don't know, buy an engagment ring for his girlfriend. 

The Flash Mob Phenomena is far more enjoyable.  No, but seriously,  I have nothing of importance to write about this book.  I guess that is a clear indicatior that it is time for it to move on out.  And it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment