Saturday, November 17, 2012

Unleashing the Clutter

Applying Anthropology: An Introductory Reader Aaron Podolefsky and Peter J. Brown
2006
Weight: 1.8 lbs
Method of Disposal: Leaving in a book exchange box in Decatur, GA



I think I have created a mess I may never crawl back out of. The room I keep my fosters in was starting to look a little scary since Belize came this past weekend. She seems to do great outside of a crate, but she can create some havoc inside of one. She is getting better, but there were pieces of torn linen, plastic, and food everywhere from the first few days. Something had to be done. Besides, I had not cleared it out since someone had been living there temporarily. That started an avalanche. I decided to move all of the pet rescue items in there. Leashes, crates, costumes, clothes, harnesses, medicine, toys, beds, the works. That freed up some space in the tiny storage room for my tools, which then cleared up some space in my tiny little bathroom closet. The next thing I know it is a full on deep clean and disposal situation. I got in over my head. I work early in the morning and really should not have started a project this large, but once you start how can you possibly stop?

I have taken everything out of every closet. I have emptied out boxes I have not looked inside for over a year. The house was slightly messy before. I've been so busy that I haven't had time to do even the basics. Now it looks like a small cartoon Tasmanian devil came through and left hundreds of empty Rubbermaid containers. I have tons of empty Rubbermaid containers! What do you do with that? How do you stop? I don't want to come home to this tomorrow.

I found this solitary book at the bottom of one of the boxes, and I decided that was a good excuse to take a break. I am going to fill one of those empty containers with the books I need to disperse in the Decatur lending libraries. Knock out two birds? Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment