Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Guinness World Records

Guinness World Records 2007
Weight: 10.4 oz
Method of Disposal: Recycling

Long before my brother was married and had two beautiful daughters...Long before I found myself in this adult body, going to work everyday, and trying to make it matter...Long before all of that, we would read the Guinness Book of World Records together.  We were enthralled with the world's largest man and disgusted by the world's longest worm.  I remember some very intense fingernails.  I thought about all of that when I brought this book home, and I am thinking of all that and more now. 

My brother introduced me to so much growing up, not all good, but he was the oldest and it was his job.  I am the youngest and so I remember minor details.  It is my job.  I cannot wait to see him and his family this holiday season, but I dread the day he gets deployed again.

To my brother, thank you for everything you are and all that you do.  I love you forever and for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment