Thursday, January 11, 2018

A People's History of the United States

A People's History of the United States: 1492-Present  Howard Zinn
1995
Weight: 1 lb
Method of Disposal: Donating

I was recommended this book by one of my high school teachers--which is lucky.  He was not the kind of teacher you would have expected to make that suggestion.  I think it was a very important segue from the way I had been taught.  Much less surprising, I was handed it again in college.  Howard Zinn became a larger than life figure.  Someone that showed so many people to look further into the histories they had been taught and to not just accept without thinking, digging but, more importantly, listening to people not in the positions of power.

I now have an electronic copy of this book, but I have also read it twice so it is off to a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment