Saturday, January 6, 2018

Tai Chi: The Supreme Ultimate

Tai Chi: The Supreme Ultimate Lawrence Galante
1983
Weight: 1 lb
Method of Disposal: Donating


In an effort to avoid a sport I would detest in college I took Self-Defense that was taught by a man skilled in martial arts and in general self-defense.  I can no longer remember his credentials, but I remember his class, and I loved it.  Way more than I thought I would.  Part of the training was developing some sort of muscle memory so you would go right into defense mode when needed, and I think I would have the first 5 years out of college.  Now, I can hardly remember my name and I couldn't kick someone or throw them over my shoulder to save my life.  However, I will never forget how amazing it felt to use my bare hands to chop through wood and cement blocks.  Thank you for that, Sensei.

No comments:

Post a Comment