Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Ice Dragon

The Ice Dragon by George R.R. Martin
2006
Weight:7.2 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating


I think this book would have been better if it was longer.  As is, I was disappointed, and I am a huge fan of children's literature so that was not the problem.  The story was just rushed.  It does not stand well on its own.  It is hard to fathom why the Ice Dragon will bend to the 7 year old's will even if she is cold-bodied and the chill may have killed her mother.  It is even more hard to fathom why when the dragon dies to save her life she never looks back or shows any remorse.  Not even gratitude.  I guess the easy cop out is that she is seven years old, but I would argue she is only seven when it is convenient. Disappointing, but it has potential for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment