Saturday, January 6, 2018

Classics

The Age of Innocence Edith Wharton
The House of Mirth Edith Wharton
All Quiet on the Western Front Erich Maria Remarque
A Room With a View E.M. Forster
Brave New World Aldous Huxley
The Canterbury Tales Chaucer
The Dead  James Joyce
Death Be Not Proud: A Memoir John Gunther
Great Expectations Charles Dickens
Hamlet edited by A. R. Braunmuller
Lord Jim Joseph Conrad
Madame Bovary  Gustav Flaubert
The Picture of Dorian Gray Oscar Wilde
Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen
Pygmalion George Bernard Shaw
Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain
Selected Poems and Letters of Emily Dickinson
The Sea Wolf Jack London
Three Sisters Anton Chekov
The Swiss Family Robinson Johann David Wyss
The Turn of the Screw and The Aspern Papers  Henry James
The Unbearable Lightness of Being Milan Kundera
Uncle Tom's Cabin Harriet Beecher Stowe
Weight: 14 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating



It is always hard to let the classics go, but I am fairly certain that I have multiple copies of all of them, and I need to cut it out.  I also feel comfortable buying them for next to nothing or getting them for free on kindle seeing as I have bought them so many times and the authors are no longer around.  So, I am going to suck it up and let go of most of my classics as I find them and replace them with Kindle editions in the interest or reclaiming space in my home.  Let's hope the government or Amazon does not decide we shouldn't read anymore and erases all the books instead of burning them.  Trump likely would if he found a way to.

Also, I am counting The Unbearable Lightness of Being as a classic and an actual true life Prepaid Phone Card for calls within the U.S. fell out of the Emily Dickinson collection.  Thank goodness for cellphones and Skype for that reason at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment