Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Best Friends: The True Story of the World's Most Beloved Animal Sanctuary

Best Friends: The True Story of the World's Most Beloved Animal Sanctuary
2001
Weight: 1 lb
Method of Disposal: Donating


I bought this book soon after starting work at the animal shelter, but I did not read it right away.  This is a little surprising because in my ten years of working in rescue I have read, watched, researched, and soaked up all the information I could get.  I guess it just slipped through the cracks, but then last year a volunteer from the shelter visited Best Friends and when she came back she lent me her copy.  I was not sure where mine was. 

It was an unbelievable story!  I had no idea how Best Friends had started in the beginning.  I only knew about what they had become.  They have now come to Atlanta and have become even more important than before in the rescue community.  I imagine soon many people who are not in "the know" will be curious about who Best Friends is, and I am sure one of those people will stumble upon this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment