Monday, March 25, 2013

Artllery and Missles

Artillery and Missiles (Armament and Technology Series) and Marines (Special Units) by Octavio Diez
2002 and 2001
Weight: 2.4 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donation


Tonight, I watched The Invisible War, a documentary about sexual assault in the United States military.  It was very difficult to watch these women and men tell their stories, particularly about what happened after the rape(s).  The denial, the demotion, the civilian life afterwards.  Seeing the supportive, struggling partners.

There was so much I could relate to as a rape victim, but there was a whole lot that was very different from my experience.  Very different and heartbreaking.  The feeling of comraderie that is broken and inverted/contorted into something so painful.  The strange legal proceedings and reports to superiors.  The violence and the brutality.

I have no feelings about the book I am getting rid of, but I do recommend the documentary.  I just wish I had not watched it alone so I was not crying by myself.  Women still have so far to come in our society.  People have so much more growing they need to do if we will ever overcome our shame. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment