Monday, March 11, 2013

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Volume 1 and 2
1960
Weight: 4 lbs
Method of Disposal: Leaving at Joe's in East Atlanta on the "Friends of EA Library Book Cart"


My grandparents picked these books up for me at an estate sale fairly recently.  They have a great old book smell and yellowing pages.  I find them charming for those reasons alone.  They have very small print that is set up much like a Bible might be but without the super fine pages that I remember kids in high school smoking pot with.  These pages would never work for that!

I feel guilty about letting them go after such a short stay in my home, but I need to keep my eye on the prize, as they say, and I am not in need of more Shakespeare right now.  I have plenty of it to get rid of without adding more of the complete works.

I really did appreciate the gift and made sure to enjoy them for a short time before leaving them in a coffee shop.  Either way, they will be passed on, yet again, and they will make some new person happy.  I love books.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment