Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Roadfood

Roadfood: The Coast-to-Coast Guide to Over 400 of America's Great Inexpensive Regional Restaurants--All Within 10 Miles of a Major Highway  Jane and Michael Stern
1978
Weight: 1lb 12 oz
Method of Disposal: Recycling


 This was a fun find!  I wonder where it came from.  It is, clearly, going to be mostly obsolete now so it would make the most sense to recycle it, but I flipped through Georgia to see if I recognized anything.  I made a bet (with myself) Mary Mac's would be in there and, of course, it was.  I had never heard of Ma Groover's Pig and Plate but a quick Google search delighted me.  It is no longer open, but there are some great pictures of Groover out there!

This book proclaims twice on the back that "You'll never have to eat plastic food again!"  That brought such joy to my heart.  What fun.  If it was more current, I would do a cross-country trip just to try every restaurant they wrote about.

No comments:

Post a Comment