Friday, March 29, 2013

If You Give a Moose a Muffin

If You Give a Moose a Muffin  by Laura Joffe Numeroff
1991
Weight: 9.9 oz
Method of Disposal: Giving to Tracy


Tracy missed out on the whole If You Give a Mouse a Cookie craze, but I quote it to her when it seems applicable.  Hearing a story about someone at school.  Telling a story about trying to help someone at work. 

One day I was riding back from a long, painful trip to animal control.  Trace was having a rough day too and she sent me a text, in all seriousness, that asked me what was that saying.  "If you give a pig a pancake..."  I cannot remember exactly what she wrote, but it was something along the lines of "he will throw it in your face."  Had me laughing the rest of the way.

I have been hanging out around the house today, trying to get all of her birthday goodies together and ready for her this weekend, and I was very excited to find this book on my shelves.  She will finally get to see it live and in person.  I imagine after flipping through it, it will be donated, but I think she should own it once, if only for a moment.  Happy Easter Sunday Birthday, Bestie!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment