Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Literary Book of Answers

The Literary Book of Answers  Carol Bolt
2000
Weight: 1.7 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating


I was looking for books to get rid of the other day when I came across this one.  I had some serious life questions, and I might have grown a little too excited when I found a place to ask them.  I kept asking yes/no questions and getting confusing, convoluted answers.  I quickly grew frustrated and threw this in the get rid of pile.  My friend (later when we had coffee) also thought it was a neat book but was disappointed upon asking it a few questions herself.  That would have been that, but the coffee shop closed an hour early and I never got to write about the book.

Tonight, I asked it several more questions, as a goodbye.  The answers were far more compelling, though frequently heartbreaking, as they were not what I wanted to hear.  Now, I do not want to toss it.  Who doean't love magic 8 balls?!  Still, I feel like I commited to this somehow so into the donation box it goes.  Besides, it depresses me when it tells me things I want to happen won't.  Who wants to know the future if it is no good?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment