Saturday, March 23, 2013

Book Drop

Yang the Youngest and His Terrible Ear (Namioka), People Weekly: The Most Intriguing People of the Century, Rainbow Fish and Friends: A Fishy Story (based on Pfister books), Prisoners in the Tower (Pitkin Guide),Culture Shock: Munich at Your Door (Smith)

Weight: 5 lbs

Method of Disposal: Leaving at Joe's in EAV


I brought a massive bag of books to the coffee shop.  T may have questioned my judgement, which I took as a challenge, and then I said I would write about all of them and get rid of them.  There are SO MANY!  I am shamelessly bundling some of them to get them out of my life in a more efficent manner, but at least I am holding myself to task, right?  I also do not want to carry them back home.  I have a limp and a hurt ankle.  The less weight the better, and I may be toting THREE bags of crap right now.

Yang is a stripped book my manager at the bookstore let me take home, and I read in bed with Vallan many years ago.  It read fast, but the story was not really anything to write home about, as they say.  The Intriguing People includes the usual suspects.  Elvis, Chavez, Malcom X, Sinatra, Churchill, Tina Turner, Marilyn Monroe, Madonna, and so on.  The Rainbow fish is super cute and comes with stickers!  The Prisoners book I got when touring the incredibly depressing Tower of London.  The place has the energy of death and darkness.  It is dreary and disturbing.  The travel guide is to Germany, somewhere I have always wanted to go but have never been to.

No comments:

Post a Comment