Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Second City

The Second City: Backstage at the World's Greatest Theater  by Sheldon Patinkin
2000
Weight: 3.4 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating


In high school I was smitten with the theater teacher.  Its true.  I never had a class with her, though I had one with her brother years before (does that count?!).  I really have no idea how it started or where/when I first saw her.  It was kinda a joke and kinda serious.  Sometimes, I would skip class and go to hers.  I do not think she ever noticed that I was not suppose to be there and, if she did, she never said anything. 

At one point, I did semi-date-ish someone in her class, and I would watch them acting on stage, as I hid in the shadows of the back row of the theater.  I would have been all over the place then, hormones raging, I am sure. 

I would vie to be the one to give her a back rub some days and, other days, I would just go to french class.  Obviously, I never convinced her, and I mostly hid from her when I was not rubbing her shoulders.  I do not think we were ever properly introduced, and I sure as hell never told her my name.  Thinking back on it, I feel sorry for her.  How disturbing to have someone so young intrested in you and, believe me, I was not the only one, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment